Saturday, August 21, 2010

After a few weeks of vacation... I'm Back


What's Up everybody,
As you know the month of August has come and at this point, its basically over in a few weeks!
I celebrated a birthday with close friends and family and had a blast, sorry to those who wasn't able to come, but if you come to Elena's soul every other thursday then I'm sure you would have known about it.

The Jam session. It happens every other thursday and if I'm in town, You'll sure to catch me there playing, rocking out with my wonderful musician friends. Chuck Treece, Tone Whitfield, Curt Chambers, Erik Wortham, Res, Jaguar Wright, Danophonic Dan, Chase Allen and Special thanks to  Elena's Soul and Ms Falcon for the cake and shots.

That night was pretty fun! Two weeks ago if your were following me on Twitter( Stevemckiebeats) You would have  known that I was in Europe for a few weeks helping promote Bilal's New cd "Airtights Revenge"
That tour was fun and I blogged for most of the way until my camera battery went dead,wasn't able to take any more pictures to visually update the blog.  The remaining days were cool and  think we conquered the audience that we needed to!

After all that traveling, you would figure one would get rest as he gets back to the states, but that wasn't the case, as we traveled to Brooklyn a day later to perform a free concert in the park. As we were already in concert mode, the show was smooth and to me, it was a pretty damn nice show in the park to be free.
I decided that since my children missed my last two performances that I would take them to another one that was appropriate and sure enough was this show.
Our travel was very interesting, starting off with "That" chinatown bus.....................… Yes you know the story on that!
Needless to say, we took Amtrak back home ):
That was a cool day, The kids enjoyed themselves out, and I even took them times square to check out the scenery and they were pretty overwhelmed with the whole thing.
Important thing for me was, the kids got a chance to see me perform on stage at a good enough age where they can come back and remember the times, you know!

Now fast forward really quick to now...... just a few days ago we performed in the Chastain Park in Atlanta with Ms Badu.  That venue was amazing, it was like watching a movie out in your car on the big wall! You know, old school style.
People had tables with candles, BYOB style, and food with little grills and everything.
I was very impressed with the venue's simplicity and unique romantic atmosphere, still with a state of the art vibe.
I would go again for sure! And Yes it's a seated area deal of course.  Check it out right here.


As I stated before, the summer is already over almost and I'm thinking to myself, what have I done?
Did I get a break? Did I go somewhere peaceful and give my ears a break from all the hard long hours in the studio?
I guess you guys would say I got a vacation during my short tour, Berlin,Paris,London,Amsterdam,Norway,Koln.
There were more places I failed to mention, but hold on just a second.......... I've been to these places 4 and 5 times already, vacation, Nope.... It was all still work and a hell of a road trip.
I do have a few places I would like to travel too, with a few weeks left, we shall see what happens.

As I type this entry, I'm riding in Amtrak's quiet car on my way back to Philly from NYC.
I'm back in the studio recording with a new artist named Mike Maven lending my musical drumming service.
The music is cool and refreshing and Mike is a talented singer/Producer. After that, it's getting ready for the Release of Airtight's Revenge-Bilal. 
I'm also putting together Chase Allen's New mix tape, and other interesting things. Stay close and follow me for updates
Looks like were back to regular schedule folks, It's been a few days, but I'm recharged  and back on my grind.
Shouts to Sheila who checked me about the regulation of my Blog, Thanks!
As you read this and wind down, I hope you really took the time to enjoy your summer, and the times with your family, summer ending cookouts shall go down!
Thank you for all the birthday wishes, it really showed me how many people I actually know on face book!
Goodnight everyone!
------------Mckie----------------
What do you guys think of the new single I produced by Bilal "Restart" Click on  Restart to listen!

Sheyenne In Brooklyn Sitting on drums 
Samarr and Little Ramsey
Mike, Tony, Bilal share a laugh At Brooklyn show
Tony and Bilal Shares a Laugh with a fan
While I play, my Son watches!
Samarr and Ramsey Hanging(Bilal's Youngest)
Sheyenne And Samarr share a laugh while riding Metro to Brooklyn
And Then Times square!
Not gonna say any names, but somebody spent $50 bucks on M&M'S candy 
On Metro Again
My View of Chastain Park In Atlanta... Nice Venue... cool Show
Attention drummers... Gaff tape will save your life!
Saw My Homie John In Ac on my Bday

Thats all i got for now folks, back to our regular scheduled audience! Tune back Tommorrow for sure!




















No comments :

Post a Comment