Monday, December 27, 2010

This year is on it's way out.


Cold like the pole in the winter it is, on this night of December 26, 2010, and by the way, It's snowing again! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
Instead of watching the eagles pound on poor Farve and the vikings, I get to blog for the last time in 2010.
In Philly, were having snow blizzard conditions which prevented the NFL to postpone the game tonight.
Sucks, but what else are you gonna do. Wait! I'm a producer, I could go to the studio and make some music right……. No… one of the heaters went out and I forgot to replace it! I went over there and tried that and my feet were frozen and that was a major discomfort when you're trying to work and you're not comfortable or warm.

I guess I better take care of that tomorrow! I've got to get back in there, so many idea's going through my head musically. I want to get them out and make some great music.
Or maybe I should relax a little more and take more time to spend with my family and get right back in it at the start of the new year, which is days away. Ok, sounds like a plan. For now I'll just write off the top.

With my only blog coming almost four weeks ago, you can tell I really took advantage of the time I've had off this month. Well, Technically from touring. I've been home for most of the month enjoying family, being able to pick my kids up from school and having a bit of time for myself to reflect upon all my encounters that I've had this year. It has been a good one, I've been blessed this year. Musically, how many young and inspiring Music producers have had the chance to be apart of such greatness as it was being able to co produce an album such as Bilal Oliver's Air tights Revenge. That was such of blessing to be apart of and while it's still making some great waves and headlines, I figure I'm on my way.
If I had to be asked what is one of the most difficult things of working in the music industry, it would be very easy to answer. The balance of your time from just regular everyday life, and the music life as we know it.
Now throw in family and things of that nature, your essence of time is everything. Neither  can be slighted.

For instance ,your kids have projects at school and of course they need your help, or they have activities that they participate in and your support is always needed there. What does that bring us back to again, that thing  called time? I like to use  a saying called " Time is money," because in my life, every minute I waste on something that's not worth it, I think of plenty of other things and places where my time could have easily gone to.
While being in the studio and working with artist, or just working on music in general, It takes time. Some folks like to work at the top of the morning, afternoon, while I feel like most of my work is done at the late hours in the evening.
Don't get me wrong, I can actually work early, but I feel like my flow is better in the evening.

At the end of the day, it's a very delicate thing. You don't wanna spend too much time in the studio while your significant other awaits you, while at the same time, you don't wanna lose time from doing something you love so much, especially when that's your bread and butter cash situation. In the end, that person shall understand what your goals and dreams are and have an awesome support system for you, but I'd advise you to not take advantage of that. It's a very thin line!

Moving right along, who wants to see more video footage of whats happening at the studio?
Lately I've been sitting down with a few final cut pro peeps about it and they are excited to grab and edit the happenings of it. I plan to get started in 2011 and adding a youtube page to the blog for you guys to check out.
The videos will include the process of beat making,recording drums and all things of that sort!
I wanted to start a little earlier this year, but I had to sit down and get my plans together on how to start.
I even considered taking final cut pro classes myself and recording and editing my own video, but again, time is money, and where is the time gonna come from that extra activity?

Well, thats all for now folks, I don't wanna take too much of your time this sunday evening, thanks for ready and sticking with me this year, I promise to showcase more of myself in action at the studio and while on stage doing what I do best.

And while I was in the middle of typing this, I was informed by my twitter page that the great R&B Singer Teena Marie has passed away!
I wish her family the best and my prayers goes out to them. She was a legend and icon in our music community. She was most famous from her career she shared with the late great Rick James. Those two wrote a bunch of hit songs that we all remember and still play to this day. Even though her career took a turn for slide down, she was still considered a beast of a singer. I guess were gonna be banging Teena songs for the next few weeks now. Ooo
 La La La, rest in peace Ms Marie! One of my all time Favorites!
March 5, 1956 – December 26, 2010
Teena Marie, One the the greatest singers died today!
I'm sad from this one. Read for yourself.
Oh yeah, you know those guys right there, The Boston Celtics Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen
They beat the sixer that night in philly by a point!
Snowing, it just started a hour ago, outside my door!
The first glimpse Of snow i saw since it started! man ol man
My Mom's crew of Shih Tzu's
This little one was enjoying his nap!
The Kids enjoyed Christmas Morning!
My son seemed to be happy, with his CSI toy!
My Boy KG Kevin Garnett was tired on this play!
Great Game though
Yeah, I'm a Bball fan, good game!
Later folks, Have a good time celebrating the new year!










No comments :

Post a Comment