Wednesday, February 16, 2011


Back again after a long absence but when your living out your dreams and your on the move, something will lack behind. Sorry it had to be my blog! I am vowing to do better by it and keep you guys in the know and I'll just come right out with it. I've been thinking about shutting it down after not blogging for a month, but I figure this is my avenue to keeping in touch with folks who support my music and myself, so I figured, let me stay on the grind and keep things going and so here I am.
It's been a minute since I've written anything, and I have a little rust so excuse this blog today folks. 
Just yesterday we've celebrated a calendar day of Valentines Day and I had the pleasure to be working In Atlanta for a gig with Bilal. It was a cool turnout while we  had fun playing and cracking jokes on stage because we were pulling out songs we haven't performed in ages since the new album "Airtights Revenge dropped. Songs like When Will You Call, Love Poems, All For Love, Make Me Over. The crowd had a good time, Bilal always entertains folks, and we have fun playing our music we've made over the years.
I must say the weather was pretty nice, having so much coldness and snow here in Philly, it's always good to go down south and enjoy some good weather. I also get to see friends that i haven't seen in awhile, one in particular a Philly Native who resides in Atlanta and just so happens to be a drummer, one of my Favorites! Lil John Roberts.
This guy has really paved the pathway for drummers all over, he's a Philly hero and now since I've been playing professionally, He's always been in my corner supporting me and being a cool friend. , It's always refreshing to hear him play and the advice he gave me during those beginning days were priceless. If you ever wanted to catch up with John and see him do his thing, you can listen and watch him on the Monique Live show on Bet. He's the house band drummer there. If you have a moment, click here to check his discography.

I went into one of my favorite drummer faze's, I guess my next blog might very well be my favorite drummers.

Being around talented people is always a inspiring thing. 

Back to the studio making music and getting myself ready for training in the gym and back to doing things you can do without being sick, having a cold and still try and keep up with your daily routine never works, your immune system shuts down and you can't do anything but rest and eventually you'll be back in form. For me it was hard because I had so much work to do, I even did sessions still sick, sneezing all over the place but I had to get it done. I took a walk to get my daughter from school and just that quick 10 minutes of walking I felt really exhausted !!  I took my gym gear with me thinking I was gonna workout and it turned out to be a bad idea. If your sick and you feel a little better, chances are you still have a ways to go. Guess I figured it out the hard way.

I'll be back to my regular routine, running, lifting at the gym, and long hours at the studio making music. It makes a total difference being healthy, your body operates and your not counting on your immune system to fight off the germs.
Ahhhhh….. to be in good health. 

This young producer from Atlanta ask me a question on twitter and hopefully he's reading, I figure more producers and young inspiring artist is reading and they could maybe benefit from the same question.

What tips would you give a young producer?

Good question.
I would say that investing in your sound would be a start. Purchase some top of the line equipment, because quality recordings can take you a long way. Things such as a good interface. Apogee ensemble is a good piece to work with, it's professional and the sound that it puts out is amazing! Ask Anybody.
Another thing i would say is try to be consistent with your music, create your sound, stick with it, and always be ahead of the curve with your sounds. Never be out of date with your sounds.
Lastly, Try to make music that feels good and that's true to yourself. Don't play yourself out trying to do something that your not. Stay in your lane and make music how you see fit. Play the game, but don't let it play you out!

Im out folks, catch you guys soon.

Bilal and Corey Bernhard Before a show. Corey's A dope player on the keys!
Our hotel in Atlanta, Pretty cool
Messing with my camera a little, could be a screen saver.
This Guy Mike Severson, this guy has been apart of the Bilal camp for years now, we call him Mike Star! Great great guitar player and friend, he's all into P90X now.
While in Atlanta, the band took a scroll to one of our favorite spots to eat
R Thomas Grille, French toast to die for!
There it is, RThomas, Notice it says Late Night!
Chris and Corey took a moment to talk with the birds!
They all were doing it!
I couldn't believe this scene in Atlanta, Borders closing?? Sad day.
This Caught my eye walking back to the hotel.




















No comments :

Post a Comment