Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tour Blog...In Houston,Tx



Jack In The Box…..BestBuy…… Walmart…… Target…….Best Western Hotel……Loads of car dealerships…….The Endless roads… is all I see right about now as I do this Tour With Bilal.
Tired isn't the word that describes my feelings right now… more like miles adding up on my internal system. 
This Texas swing of the tour has been excruciatingly Hot! A record setting 107 Degrees. You walk just a block and your sweating for you life..and gasping for air like you ran a marathon…. I'm not kidding.. its insane…. But its summer!
I would take that over the cold and snow anyway.
I think this tour has made my summer go quicker then I could see it! I remember June came and It left as fast as it came…

Everything moves pretty fast when your busy and doing a million things at once.
I swear I only seen my studio like three days this summer! Everyday I was there, I had to turn in records for deadlines and quickly move around in there. Idea's swam through my head but I couldn't Indulge because there was simply no time for it.

This Road is a monster.. driving from coast to coast is taxing and just as your putting miles on the van or bus… those miles are added to you buddy as well…Don't believe me… just ask around.The suck part about it is that you can't tag these miles along to your rewards card for free travel. Wouldn't that be something else… these miles would seriously add up!

The Beautlful part about being on the road…. We get to use our talents, doing what we absolutely love and cherish night in and night out. Thats the whole point of it…Behind the scenes though, leading up to that actual performance is something else that the normal consumer have no clue about.
Even now……. we have a show tonight in Houston and I'm sitting here typing,listening to music, a movie, everyones choice of entertainment.. even got a few games of NBA 2K11 in…I'm feeling worn out, tired and hungry all in one.. and I still gotta re check in to yet another hotel and have about an hour or two for myself. Im sick instantly…………………

It's the road…. that's what us musicians call it….where on the road!

Wear and Tear it is… but I don't think I'll trade it in for a traditional 9 to 5 for nothing!!!
The Van is pulling me and pulling.. I just wanna sink into those amazingly comfortable high thread count sheets at the hotel.. which one? I don't know… let hope they have them… and call me bougy if you want.. I don't care.. I've learned to appreciate  fine things in life and yes folks….. Egpytian Cotton sheets 500 thread count and higher are the best to me.
You get in your bed and rub your feet against them and its one of the best feelings ever.. try it!  Where to get them?
Your local TJ Maxx…. Marshalls…those stores can at least start you off and once you get the fever.. its all on you!
Yeah.. its ok to thank me now… :)
Four hours later from Dallas and We have arrived in Houston….Beautiful city filled with lots of amazing musicians and peers…
With two days off already.. I think its safe to say that the band and myself is ready to get back onstage and perform.
Its fun to have days off.. but they always somehow put a dent in your stage flow….One show.. two days off…. one show three days off…….
As we're driving at a non stop pace…. with hopes to make it to this meet and greet sessions for Bilal…..By judging on the looks of everyone faces… the moment when you get past hunger is there…. tired and weary and thirsty….. HOT as hell….
We stop have the meet and greet!……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. Now back to driving again… this time with our hotel check in on the agenda…. BUT…. Hunger made us stop…………………..(Heaven Music is Playing as we roll up to our beloved Chic Fila……Bilal Yells STOP!!!! We must eat something! (LOL) So we stop.. I can't tell you how many times we stopped on the road at this place……Savior it was!
Eating time…. joined by a rare Kids Birthday party you almost never see at Chic Fila…..So southern party it is…..
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
My Food craving is gone… my feet are kicked up for the moment and I'm gonna enjoy these few minutes and relax and hope you had a good time reading my journey….. A few told me that I should blog more so maybe I just will do that.

I'm All Checked in…. High thread count sheets are grazing my skin…. im not here for long but while its lasting.. I'll enjoy it for the moment…. See you guys on the next… hopefully my journey will be all about Austin,Texas…… Later
Chris Turner and Tone Whitfield Speaking at the Meet and Greet
Me and Pianist Corey Bernhard.. He's my Secret weapon not for long!
My guys.. having their moment....I was trying out the timer on my cam.. my new friend
Our home on wheels..... yup....
Feeling the Heatwave!
Tone- Bass Player and Producer Of Little ones track
What more can you say... not interesting?
It's def not my stuff......random food snacks laying in the van
Well.... you know how it goes down
Hans Elder...Tour Manager.... Gets us where we need to be!











No comments :

Post a Comment